Sunday 22 January 2017

WunderBrow.... Lasts for Days???

The first time I had heard of this, Tati (@GlamLifeGuru) was reviewing it for her channel. She gave it really good reviews! I have always loved exploring new ways to complete my brows, so I was intrigued. She had mentioned buying it online and I'm always skeptical on buying things through websites I'm not well aware of. When I went to look into the Morphe items at Showcase here in Canada, I was pleasantly surprised to see this there as well. I got it on sale for $25 (CDN) regularly $35 (CDN). I grabbed it and figured I would try it out for you guys!  


This product claims to create the "perfect eyebrows that last for days". It also says it takes "less than two minutes" and it will "last for days". If these claims were true, it would be a miracle! I don't mind going without makeup, but I find that my eyebrows have a little sparseness to them. Having something like this that is water resistant on a vacation would be incredible.

The WunderBrow came with the product, a spoolie, and instructions. The shade I purchased was blonde. I also wasn't sure about the applicator, so I purchase a dual ended ELF brush (spoolie/angled brush) for $3 (CDN) as I had thought it might be easier for a novice like me.

I have been testing this out for a few weeks now. The applicator the WunderBrow comes with is very difficult to use. It's basically a brush, similar to a small paint brush. I don't understand how they would choose that applicator for this product, but when I use the ELF brush it works wonderfully! First, I spoolie my brows in the general direction that I want them to lay. I have been loving fuller, more natural looking brows lately. I start by lining the base of my brow with WunderBrow using the ELF angled brush. After that, I flick up to blend in with my natural hairs and diffuse the harsh line. Using the pointed end of the brush, I start to create hair like strokes upward and outward. This helps create fuller and more natural looking brows. Using a spoolie, brush the product through to ensure there are no clumps. This will help your eyebrows seem more authentic. If need be, go back through filling in the sparse areas.

 This is a photo of myself (right) and my friend, 
Jackie, at her baby shower. I am rocking 
the WunderBrow here.

Now for the claims... I do believe this product wears for a long period of time. It will only come off when I go to take it off. I believe that I could go swimming or go to the gym and feel confident that my eyebrows would be in tact (at least for the most part). I don't believe it lasts for days, unless you just refuse to wash your face which I find a little unrealistic. This comes off fairly well when using a make-up wipe (as I usually do first) and then the remainder comes off when I use my face wash. You will need to reapply (or at least touch up) the next day. Also, I think that if you're an eyebrow pro you could get great eyebrows within two minutes. I, however, am not so it does take me longer than the claimed time.

Do I think this is a good product? Yes. I think that this is something I will continue to use on days when I have a little more time to get ready. During the week, I do a basic face of makeup and I use something like Benefit Gimme Brow to just add a little volume to my sparse brows. I don't generally have time of creams or pomades.

Would I repurchase this? Yes. I think when I run out of this I will repurchase. I think it's the best eyebrow product that I have used thus far and would be my vacation buddy if there were a beach or swimming pool involved. I really enjoy that it looks so natural, I could even wear it on days that I don't wear much makeup. That is what really makes it travel bag friendly. If I go to a beach, I want to wear SPF moisturizer, waterproof mascara, tinted lip balm, and this.

What are your thoughts? Have you tried this before? Did you enjoy it as much as I did? What did or didn't you like about it? LET ME KNOW! I'd love to find out more about the eyebrow products you're loving, especially for vacationing! Tweet me @cherrytrish17! Or, you can find me on Instagram @cherrytrish!

Until next time, goodnight my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment